Chorizo Tomato and Egg Breakfast Skillet is spicy, creamy, rich, and tasty! This recipe is so quick to make that you can make it on weekdays.
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- ½ cup chopped chorizo
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- A small splash of red wine (or, in a pinch, water)
- 4 large eggs
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped chorizo and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the onion and continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the tomatoes, garlic and a small splash of red wine and cook until it is hot and bubbly.
- Reduce the heat to low. Using your spatula create little wells in the tomato chorizo sauce for your eggs to sit in. Carefully crack the eggs into the wells.
- Cook the eggs, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes, or until the whites are cooked through and the yolks are still runny. Keep them on the heat a few extra minutes if you would like your eggs less runny.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, season to taste with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper and serve immediately.
*This recipe can easily be doubled to serve 4