Chorizo Stuffed Mushroom Caps are topped with cheese and baked till melty. They’re easy to make ahead and a crazy delicious appetizer recipe for any party.
- 36 button mushrooms, stems removed from caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 lb. spicy chorizo, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely minced kale, packed
- 2 tablespoons port wine (or sub red wine)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated fontina cheese, divided (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the mushroom caps on the baking sheet, top side down.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-hight heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add the chorizo and garlic and cook until the chorizo is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the kale and port and let the kale wilt. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Divide the chorizo mixture between the mushroom caps and top each with the parmesan and fontina cheeses. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked and the cheese has melted.
Feel free to switch up the cheeses. A sharp white cheddar would also be delicious.