Chocolate Football Spoons are perfect for Super Bowl Sunday! They’re super easy to make and make a playful addition to any game day table. Plus you can add lots of different flavors or make a boozy version for adult get togethers.
The chocolate spoons
- 1/2 cup shaved dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter (or vegan butter)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of one of the add-ons
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoons water
- Mint Chocolate – Creme de menthe
- Coconut Chocolate – Malibu
- Coffee Chocolate – Espresso vodka
- Boozy Chocolate – Brandy
- Almond Chocolate – Amaretto
- Bacon Chocolate – Add a little piece of bacon on the bottom of the spoon
- Aztec Chocolate – Cinnamon and chilli powder
- Peanut Butter Chocolate – Mix in a little peanut butter
For the chocolate:
- Melt chocolate, butter, and, if using, one of the optional add-ins in a small saucepan over low heat.
For the icing:
- In a small bowl, whisk the icing sugar and water. Add the icing to a pastry bag fitted with a tiny tip. You can also use a resealable plastic bag and cut the tip off of one of the corners.
- Lay two wooden spoons on a baking tray. (This is to level the spoons.)
- Using a teaspoon, pour some chocolate into a spoon then gently tap the spoon on your counter to level the chocolate. Place the spoon on the baking tray, resting the handle on the wooden spoon. Repeat with the remaining spoons. Set aside till chocolate is firm.
- Daw on the stitching using the icing so the spoons resemble a football. Let icing harden before serving.
Vegan diets: make sure to use vegan butter and dairy-free dark chocolate.
Paleo diets: make sure to use grass-fed butter and compliant chocolate.