These adorable little Chocolate Easter Nests are easy to make and a fun treat for your Easter holiday parties.
- 1/2 cups dried chow mein noodles, divided
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (the natural stuff may be better for you but the stuff with the creepy hydrogenated fat and other junk will give a much smoother finish to the nests)
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- Pinch of salt
- Mini chocolate eggs or jelly beans
- Divide chow mein noodles evenly between 2 small bowls.
- Place parchment paper over a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium low heat melt the dark chocolate and half the butter. As soon as the chocolate melts remove it from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and a pinch of salt. Pour the dark chocolate and peanut butter mixture over 1 bowl of chow mein noodles noodles and stir to coat evenly.
- Create 4 small nests on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Next, melt the white chocolate and the other half of the butter over medium low heat. Pour over remaining chow mein noodles and toss to coat. Form 4 nests on the prepared baking sheet.
- Set the baking sheet aside for at least 4 hours or overnight. You could also place the nests in your fridge to speed things up.
- Carefully remove the nests from the baking sheet using an offset spatula or knife. Place little chocolate eggs or jelly beans inside the nests before serving.
- Happy Easter!