Chocolate Banana Ice Cream tastes EXACTLY like chocolate ice cream and is made with only 3 ingredients and they’re all healthy. My favorite way to eat it is as soft serve right out of the blender but you can also freeze so it’s firm enough to scoop into ice cream cones.
✨ If you love this Chocolate Banana Ice Cream as much as we do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 4 frozen bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (can sub peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (only use if you are making this in a food processor)
- Optional: chocolate chunks or chips, to sprinkle on the top
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream in your Blender
- Place the frozen bananas, cocoa powder, and almond butter into your high-powered blender.
- Blend the bananas on high speed using the plunger to push the bananas down as needed. After 2-3 minutes the ice cream will run smoothly.
- Either eat right away or freeze for 2 hours so that it is hard enough to scoop into cones. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks, if you’d like.
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream in your Food Processor
- Place the frozen bananas, cocoa powder, almond butter, and your choice of milk into your food processor. Pulse until the bananas are mostly broken down.
- Scrape the sides of the food processor then continue processing on high until the ice cream is smooth and creamy.
- Either eat right away or freeze for 2 hours so that it is hard enough to scoop into cones. If using, sprinkle with chocolate chunks.
When the bananas on my counter start to get too ripe I peel them and put them in a bag in my freezer so frozen bananas are always on hand for ice cream or smoothies.