- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup softened butter (or vegan butter, if needed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (paleo or vegan, as needed)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Shredded coconut, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut sugar, tapioca starch, and salt. Add the butter and vanilla and mix until a dough forms. I find using my hands is easiest.
- Roll into 12 balls and place them on a baking sheet. Make an indent in each with your thumb.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. When you remove them from the oven, you may need to push the indents in a little with a spoon. Let them cool for 5 minutes then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil over low heat. Pour the chocolate into the thumbprints then sprinkle a little coconut on top. Let the chocolate set before storing the cookies.