This spicy and smoky chipotle sea salt is equally delicious served with savoury dishes such as chicken or fish or sprinkled on sweet desserts such as chocolate, pudding or pot de creme.
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt (I used a French grey sea salt, but any coarse salt will do)
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce from a jar of canned chipotles
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees.
- Mix the salt and chipotle sauce until well combined. Spread it out evenly on a small baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the salt occasionally until it is cool.
- Once it is cool enough to handle, use your fingers to break apart any large chunks
- The salt will keep indefinitely stored in a cool, dry place