These crazy delicious Chimichurri Steak Bites are the perfect appetizer for any party. They’re a super easy to make and fuss free appy that everyone will LOVE. Bonus points that they’re healthy, too!
- 1/2 cup each: red wine vinegar and olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/8th red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 packed cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- A generous pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large, resealable bag. Add the steak, remove the air from the bag, and seal. Place the bag in your fridge and marinate for 24 hours. Note: I like to put the bag on a tea towel just in case it leaks a little.
- Place all the chimichurri ingredients except the salt and pepper into your Vitamix. Blend slowly so the chimichurri is chopped. You don’t want it pureed. Setting three on my Vitamix is the ideal speed. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Take the steak out of the fridge about an hour before you want to grill it. When you’re ready, oil your grill and preheat it to high. Cook the steak for 4-5 minutes per side. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve the steak into thin strips cutting against the grain. Note: you can cook the steak in a heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat on your stovetop. Make sure to open all your windows as it will smoke a lot.
- Place the steak bites on a serving plate, sprinkle the cherry tomatoes and red onion over the top, spoon some of the chimichurri on the steak then serve the remainder on the side.