This delicious chimichurri chicken recipe with charred broccolini takes only 25 minutes to make and is so tasty. It’s also paleo and gluten-free, too!
- 1/2 teaspoon each: sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Optional: a pinch of cayenne powder
- 2 bone-in chicken legs (with or without skin, your choice)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 handfuls of broccolini
- 1 teaspoon neutral flavored oil
- Lemon wedges and chili flakes, for garnish
For the chimichurri:
- 3/4 cup parsley (Italian and curly both work well)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: a splash of water to thin
- Preheat your grill to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, paprika, and optional cayenne. Sprinkle this over both sides of the chicken legs. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil over the top side (skin side) of each chicken leg.
- Place the chicken legs on the grill skin side up and let them cook for 15 minutes. Flip them over and let them cook for another 5 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the broccolini in a bowl and toss it with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle a generous pinch of sea salt over top and toss them well. Put them on the BBQ once the chicken has been on for 10 minutes. Flip them once then remove them when the chicken is ready. The florets should be quite crispy and even look a little burnt in spots.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the chimichurri. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until mostly smooth. Thin with a little water, if needed
Divide the chicken and broccolini between 2 plates and spoon the chimichurri sauce over the chicken. Serve with lemon wedges on the side and a little sprinkle of chili flakes over top.