Chili lime roasted corn on the cob is a simple recipe that is bursting with flavor. The chili powder and lime complement the corn perfectly and make it extra delicious.
- 4 corn on the cob
- ½ teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (see note)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ancho chili powder (see note)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lime
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat your BBQ on high.
- Carefully pull the husks back from the corn cobs. Remove the silks then tie back the husks using one piece of the husk as a rope. (You can remove the husk completely if you like. I just think it is really pretty when they’re left on.)
- Coat the corn in the oil and place it on the grill so that most of the husk is out of the BBQ. You can use the husk to easily turn the corn. Cook the corn for 10 minutes, turning it every few minutes so that it cooks on all sides.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over high heat. Remove the butter from the heat once it has melted and stir in the chili powder, ancho chili powder, and sea salt.
- When the corn has finished cooking remove it from the grill and brush the chili butter evenly over each piece. If you don’t have a brush you can spoon the butter over the corn.
- Squeeze the lime over the corn, sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.
*If you eat a plant-based diet you can substitute the butter for vegan butter. Earth Balance is a great choice.
You can find ancho chili powder at most gourmet food stores. If it’s unavailable in your area simply substitute regular chili powder. It will still be great!