I know it sounds strange, but these Flourless Chickpea Peanut Butter Cookies are super delicious. They’re made with chickpeas, peanut butter, and lightly sweetened with maple syrup or agave. They’re naturally gluten-free + vegan and a tasty and healthy alternative to regular peanut butter cookies.
- 1 – 14-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 1 3/4 cups of cooked chickpeas)
- 1 cup smooth, all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup agave, maple syrup, or honey
- Optional: 1/4 cup coconut sugar (Depending on how sweet you like your cookies. Can sub brown sugar.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add drained chickpeas and honey or maple syrup to a food processor or high-powered blender (don’t use a regular blender) and blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly blended. The batter will be sticky, don’t worry.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.