This creamy chicken taco soup is easy to make and super flavorful. It’s full of tender chicken, sweet corn, black beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, and the most delicious creamy broth.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments!
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (use our homemade taco seasoning for the best flavor!)
- 1 teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 14-ounce cans of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 8-ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Toppings: cilantro, avocado, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, and/or lime juice
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and pepper and cook until the veggies are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir them into the veggies. Add the chicken stock, fire-roasted tomatoes, and chicken breasts and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot then add the cream cheese. Shred the chicken using 2 forks (or dice it, if you prefer.) Add the shredded chicken to the pot then stir until the cream cheese melts into the broth.
- Add the corn and black beans and let them warm. Serve the soup topped with any or all of the toppings.