This creamy chicken pesto pasta is a winning family dinner. Tender bites of chicken are mixed with your favorite pasta and smothered in an easy to make creamy pesto sauce. It’s a 25-minute dinner recipe you don’t want to miss!
Creamy Pesto Sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, packed
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup toasted cashews
- 2 garlic cloves,
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 8 ounces pasta (penne is pictured)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Begin by making the pesto sauce. Put all of the ingredients into your blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Drain the water then return the pasta to the pot and toss with a little olive oil.
- While the pasta water is warming, add the oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring a few times, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the cooked pasta, spinach, and tomatoes to the pan with the chicken. Pour the pesto sauce over top and mix everything together. Serve right away.