This chicken feta spinach burger is our go-to chicken burger patties recipe. It’s super juicy thanks to chopped fresh spinach and has tons of flavor thanks to the feta and oregano. Sear them in a pan or cook them on the grill; they’re delicious both ways!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments!
- 1 lb ground chicken (ground thighs have the best flavor)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- 1 ½ cups chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon oregano, sea salt, and pepper
- Oil for cooking (see notes)
Brioche buns and all your favorite burger toppings!
- Mix the ground chicken, almond flour, feta cheese, spinach, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape them into patties. They will be quite moist and feel sticky and delicate.
Cook them in a pan
Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large, non-stick or cast iron pan over medium heat. Add the burger patties and cook for 6 minutes per side, until golden on the outside and 165 degrees Fahrenheit on the inside. Reduce the heat if the patties are browning too quickly.
Cook them on the BBQ
Lightly oil a grill mat then cook them over medium heat for 5 minutes per side with the BBQ lid shut.
For the best flavor, we love using bacon fat. We always have a jar of some reserved from cooking bacon in our fridge. But olive oil or neutral-flavored cooking oil works great, too.
This recipe is in the gluten-free, low-carb and paleo sections. Be sure to choose buns that work with your diet or eat the burgers on top of a salad.