This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This chicken cabbage stir fry is quick to make (only 25 minutes!), healthy, and totally delicious. Tender chunks of chicken are cooked with low-carb cabbage noodles, some broccoli, and red peppers. It's an easy and inexpensive dinner recipe that will make your weeknight evenings a whole lot tastier.
If you love quick, easy, and healthy weeknight recipes then you'll love this cabbage stir fry.
5 reasons to make this cabbage stir fry tonight
- It's the sneakiest way to eat your veggies. The cabbage becomes noodle-like when cooked so you get your veggies AND your noodles all at once.
- The two-ingredient sauce adds just the right amount of flavor without taking any time to make.
- 25 minutes from start to finish means you'll be finished cooking and eating in less time than a delivery dinner takes to arrive.
- While leftovers aren't as pretty the next day, they are every bit as delicious.
- It's a Whole30, dairy-free, low-carb recipe that your whole family will love!
Cabbage stir fry sauce ingredients
As this is the recipe we reach for when we're short on time, we've kept the ingredients here very simple. We use coco aminos instead of soy sauce as it has a similar flavor with way less sodium. It also has a slight sweetness which works well in this recipe. If you don't have any on hand, you can substitute soy sauce.
For the chicken, we mix the coco aminos with a little bit of mayonnaise which makes the chicken just a tiny bit creamy.
We've kept the ingredient list short and sweet for the sake of simplicity. But if you have a few extra minutes and want to spice up this recipe, you can add a few minced garlic cloves, 2 or 3 teaspoons of minced ginger, and a teaspoon of sesame oil when you're cooking the veggies.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Easy Chicken Recipes
- Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts
- Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry
- Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Creamy Pesto Chicken
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons EACH: mayonnaise and coco aminos (can sub soy sauce)
The Cabbage Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cups cabbage
- 1 medium red pepper (sliced)
- 1 small head of broccoli (cut into florets)
- 2 tablespoons coco aminos (can sub soy sauce)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 4 strips each. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle.4 medium chicken breasts, 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the veggies. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and coco aminos. When the chicken is cooked, add it to the bowl and toss to coat.2 tablespoons EACH: mayonnaise and coco aminos
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan along with the cabbage, red pepper, and broccoli. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the veggies just barely start to soften. Add the coco amino and cook, stirring a few times, for another 3 minutes.1 tablespoon cooking oil, 3 cups cabbage, 1 medium red pepper, 1 small head of broccoli, 2 tablespoons coco aminos
- Divide the cabbage stir fry between 4 plates and top with the chicken. Drizzle any sauce left in the bowl over the cabbage.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.