Chili Chicken Burger Bowls are everything you love about burgers but served as a bowl. The chicken burger patties are super easy to make and so flavorful. They are grilled or cooked in a pan then served on a bed of lettuce with sweet potato fries and some delicious avocado pesto. You will LOVE them!
| gluten-free + paleo + Whole30 |
The Chicken Burger Patties
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 cup each: minced red onion and chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
The Avocado Pesto
- 1/2 cup each: basil leaves and parsley, packed
- 1/4 cup each pine nuts and olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
The Burger Bowls
- A few handfuls of lettuce for each bowl
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- A sprinkle of pine nuts (or your favorite nut)
- Cajun Sweet Potato Fries (recipe linked)
- If you are making the Cajun Sweet Potato Fries, start those first.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the ground chicken, red onion, parsley, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 patties and set them on a plate.
- Place the basil, parsley, pine nuts, olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt in your blender and blend on medium speed until mostly smooth. Add the avocado and blend again, adding 2-4 tablespoons of water to thin the pesto if needed.
- Cook the chicken burgers either on your BBQ or in a non-stick pan on your stove on medium-high heat for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- To assemble the bowls, place a few handfuls of greens in each bowl and top with the fries, a burger patty, some avocado pesto, and some cherry tomatoes and pine nuts.
I’ve put this recipe in the keto category even though the sweet potato fries are not. If you are eating a keto diet you’ll need to skip the fries!