If you’re looking for Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies, this is your recipe. They’re crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle and full of delicious peanut flavour. You will LOVE them!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maldon sea salt, or other light tasting flakey sea salt
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and peanut butter using an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add sugars and continue to beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and mix just until blended.
- Roll balls of dough in white sugar before placing on an ungreased baking sheet. Press down lightly with the prongs of a fork to create a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Sprinkle lightly with Maldon sea salt as soon as you remove the cookies from the oven.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for at least 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.