If you are looking for tender, moist, and crazy delicious Zucchini Cornbread Muffins, these are for you. They’re topped with a little Chili Honey Butter and totally addictive. Eat them for breakfast, as a snack, or alongside a giant bowl of your favorite chili.
Zucchini Cornbread Muffins:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (sub gluten-free, if needed)
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (omit if using bacon fat)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (or sub any milk you have on hand)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (sub half with bacon fat for a delicious smoky flavor)
- 1 medium zucchini (about 2 packed cups) grated and squeezed of liquid
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional: 1 jalapeño, minced
Chii Honey Butter:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sea salt, and chili powder. Make a well in the center and add the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter and whisk to combine. Add the zucchini, cheddar cheese, and, if using, the jalapeño, and stir together.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffins cups and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Let the muffins rest for 5 minutes then remove them from the tin and let them cool on a baking sheet. Serve the chili honey butter on the side or drizzled over top.
- While the muffins are baking, make the honey butter. Melt the honey and the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Stir in the chili powder.