Celery soup is a 6-ingredient soup recipe that is healthy, cozy, and delicious. It’s a budget-friendly recipe that takes 30 minutes to make and is always a hit at the table.
✨ If you love this celery soup recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 2 tablespoons butter (olive oil for vegan, ghee for Whole30)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 cups chopped celery, about 12 stalks
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Optional ½ cup parsley (for color)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- To serve: dill and sour cream
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and let it cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the celery, potatoes, and stock to the pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes and celery are soft.
- Add the parsley to the pot (if using) then blend the soup either with an immersion blender or in small batches in your blender. Season to to taste with salt and pepper.