Cauliflower Salad with creamy avocado pesto, sweet cherry tomatoes, and spicy arugula is about to become your go-to recipe to bring to a picnic or serve on the deck with dinner. The flavors are bright and fresh and so delicious!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-ounce baby arugula
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ripe avocado
- Add the cauliflower pieces to a medium-sized pot an add an inch of water. Bring the pot to a boil over high heat, cover the pot, and steam for 3-5 minutes, depending on how soft you like your cauliflower. Drain the water from the pot and, if serving cold, run cold water over the cauliflower until it is cold.
- Add the basil, olive oil, cashews, salt, lemon juice, and garlic to your blender and blend on high until mostly smooth. Add the avocado and 1/2 cup of water and blend once more for a few seconds. If the pesto is too thick to pour, add a little more water.
- Add the steamed cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, arugula, red onion, and almonds to a large bowl, pour the avocado pesto over the top, and toss to coat.