Paleo Cauliflower Fried Rice is INSANELY delicious. It’s an easy to make and low carb option for when you’re craving Chinese takeout. Made with cauliflower, eggs, your favorite veggies, garlic, ginger, cashews, and sesame seeds. Yum!
- 1 large head of cauliflower (about 12 ounces of riced cauliflower)
- 3 teaspoons avocado oil, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 2 large carrots, diced small
- ¼ cup coco aminos (can use soy sauce if not paleo)
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sea salt, to taste
- Either grate the cauliflower or pulse it in your food processor to make the cauliflower rice.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the light parts of the green onions, the garlic, and ginger. Let them cook for 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower rice, diced carrots, coco aminos or soy sauce, and chili flakes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the peas and sesame oil to the pan and continue to cook until the vegetables are soft and the peas are warm.
- Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan and pour the remaining teaspoon of oil into the center and let it warm. Pour the eggs into the pan and scramble them. Once they are cooked stir them into the cauliflower rice. Stir in the remaining green onions, cashews, and sesame seeds.
If you have raw cashews, roast them in your oven at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes, or until they are golden and fragrant.