Cauliflower curry is an easy to make and delicious Indian curry recipe. It’s made with a creamy coconut sauce, lots of cauliflower, chickpeas, and peas for a healthy and tasty meal!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans of coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons EACH: sea salt and pepper
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped into pieces
- 1 19-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Optional: peas, broccoli, red peppers, potatoes (see notes)
- Cilantro, to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it turns golden, about 7 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the curry powder and turmeric and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, salt, and pepper to the pot and mix well. Add the cauliflower and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Stir the chickpeas into the curry and serve with a little cilantro sprinkled over the top.
The optional veggies:
- Add the potatoes with the cauliflower
- Add broccoli and red peppers 10 minutes after the cauliflower
- Add frozen peas with the chickpeas