Cashew Coconut Salmon Curry is an easy to make and crazy delicious fish curry recipe. The salmon is poached in a simple coconut Thai curry sauce that begs to be poured over rice or cauliflower rice. It’s a 20-minute dinner recipe everyone will love!
✨ If you love this salmon curry as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed
- Toasted or spicy cashews and some cilantro, to serve
Cashew Coconut Curry Sauce
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons cashews butter
- Juice from ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon each: fish sauce and coco aminos (can sub soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt (omit if using soy sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Optional: 1 tablespoon honey (omit for Whole30)
- Begin by whisking the cashew coconut curry sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Dry the salmon fillets well with paper towels then add them to the pan skinless side down. Let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium then pour the curry sauce into the pan and cover the pan and let it cook for 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully stir the thickened sauce. Serve topped with cashews and cilantro.
Try serving this with curried sweet potatoes. Mash some steamed sweet potatoes with a little coconut milk, red curry paste, and salt. Yum!