This carrot soup is our favorite carrot soup recipe. It’s easy to make using pantry-staple ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes. It’s a creamy blended soup with coconut and ginger and is absolutely delicious.
✨ If you love this carrot soup recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- Juice from ½ lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro and chopped cashews, almonds, or peanuts
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the carrots, turmeric, and stock to the pot. Raise the heat to high and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Blend the soup (either in batches in a blender or using an immersion blender) then add the coconut milk and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve with any or all of the optional toppings.