Truly CRISPY Carrot Fries are seasoned with garlic and herbs and baked in the oven. They’re an easy to make, healthy, and crazy delicious side dish recipe!
- 2 lbs. carrots, cut into thin fries
- 2 tablespoons tapioca, potato, or cornstarch (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon each: garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 teaspoon each: sea salt, black pepper, and thyme
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or another neutral-flavored oil)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line 2 – 13×18″ baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the carrot fries in a large bowl and toss with the starch. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and thyme and toss again. Drizzle the oil over the top and toss one more time.
- Divide the carrot fries between the two baking sheets, making sure none of the fries are touching each other.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove the trays from the oven and turn each of the fries over. Put them back into the oven for another 10-15 mintues, or until they are brown and crispy.
To make a simple dipping sauce, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, the zest and juice from 1/2 lemon, and a teaspoon of thyme leaves.
For Whole30 and paleo diets, make sure to opt for potato or tapioca starch