Carnitas Taco Lettuce Wraps are all the things you love about carnitas but wrapped in crunchy, low-carb lettuce. Healthy Mexican recipes don’t get better than this!
- Mexican Pork Carnitas
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large head of bibb lettuce (butter lettuce or romaine hearts also work)
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- Start by making the Mexican Pork Carnitas. This will take you about 8 hours to make in your slow cooker or in a pot.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the avocados with the lime juice, garlic, and salt.
- Put a scoop of carnitas in a bibb lettuce leaf, add a spoonful of the mashed avocados (guacamole), and top with a sprinkle of minced red onions.