The perfect Camping Food can be eaten with your hands. These easy to make prawns with lemon garlic butter are a healthy and quick camping recipe.
- Prawns (please use sustainably harvested prawns!)
- Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Garlic, finely minced
- Cilantro, parsley or tarragon
- Crushed chili peppers (optional)
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, salt, cilantro, parsley or tarragon and optional crushed chili peppers.
- In a large pan over high heat cook prawns for 1-2 minutes, or until they just turn pink. Be careful not to overcook or they will turn rubbery.
- Serve the prawns in a big bowl in the middle of the table and dip each delicious one in lemon garlic butter!
I’ve left out the quantities on purpose. I usually count on about 10 prawns per person. As far as the butter goes, make as much or as little as you like. remember that it is delicious for dipping your bread in too!