I’ve perfected a Buttermilk Panna Cotta Recipe that you have to try. These desserts are so cute served in mason jars, too.
- 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream
- Pour the buttermilk into a small sauce pan and sprinkle the gelatine over top. Let sit for 2 minutes, or until the gelatine grains start to swell or “bloom.”
- Stir in the sugar and heat gently over low heat until the sugar and gelatine have completely dissolved. DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the sour cream and whipping cream. Place in fridge for 30 minutes, or until cool to the touch.
- Once cool, whisk the panna cotta once more and then pour into little mason jars, cups or whatever cute little jars you plan on serving it in.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Total time does not include the 4 hours it takes to refrigerate the panna cotta after it is made.