If you like butter chicken then you will LOVE Butter Turkey Curry. It’s the best way to use your Thanksgiving (or Christmas) turkey dinner leftovers!
| gluten-free + paleo |
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 – 28-ounce can of crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. cooked turkey, shredded
- 1/4 cup cream, yogurt, or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2–4 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon chili powder (depending on how spicy you like your curry)
- Seeds from 4 cardamom pods
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and let it cook until it is well browned, about 10 minutes. While the onion is cooking, place all the spices into a small bowl.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and spices to the pot and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and a half cup of water to the pot and scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any stuck on bits. Let the pot simmer, partially covered to reduce splatters, for 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Return the curry to the pot, add turkey, cream (or yogurt or coconut milk), almond butter, and sugar and heat through. Season to taste with sea salt.