This classic (and healthy!) Broccoli Coleslaw recipe is made with fresh chopped broccoli and loaded with cranberries and slivered almonds and dotted with red onions. The lightly sweet and tangy lemon buttermilk dressing is easy to make and crazy delicious. You definitely want to make this!
| vegetarian + gluten-free + refined sugar free |
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into small florets and stems julienned
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onions
The Lemon Buttermilk Dressing
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- Optional: 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip!)
- Place the broccoli, almonds, cranberries, and red onions in a large salad bowl.
- Add the Lemon Buttermilk Dressing ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and whisk together. Pour the dressing over the broccoli coleslaw and toss to coat.