This Broccoli Kale Salad with Blueberries and Coconut is the perfect side dish for summer parties. The recipe is easy to make, healthy, and vegetarian.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons honey or 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, grated using a microplane or very finely minced
- A generous pinch of salt
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 bunch of kale, washed well
- 1/2 cup of thick shredded coconut*
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop the broccoli into small florets. Also chop the broccoli stems into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Remove the tough inner rib from the kale leaves. Using a food processor, pulse the leaves a few times to finely chop them. You may have to work in batches depending on your food processor. You can also chop them by hand.
- Combine the broccoli, kale, coconut, sliced almonds and blueberries in a large bow. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
*Next time I make this I am going to try toasting the coconut. 🙂