These easy to make Bourbon Maple Glazed Carrots are insanely delicious. They’re lightly steamed then finished in a bourbon and maple syrup glaze that has a tiny hint of spice. Even though they’re a healthy holiday favorite, you’ll want to keep making this recipe all year long.
- 10 medium carrots, cut into diagonal pieces
- 1/4 cup each: bourbon and maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter (or sub vegan butter, if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- Add the carrots to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of water and bring it to a boil. Cook the carrots with the lid off until the water has evaporated and the pan is dry, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bourbon, maple syrup, butter, sea salt, and (if using) the cayenne to the pan and bring to a boil. Let the carrots cook, stirring gently several times, until the maple syrup and bourbon reduce to become a glaze that coats the carrots.
- Optional step: continue to cook the carrots for 3-4 minutes more. Watch the pan closely as it is very easy to burn the glaze at this point. Stir the carrots every 15-20 seconds and remove the pan from the heat as soon as you see the glaze begin to darken.
- Serve the bourbon maple glazed carrots with the pistachios sprinkled on top.