This Cherry Garcia Ice Cream is made even better that the real thing with a splash of bourbon. You would never guess that it’s vegan + paleo too!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon soaking liquid from the cherries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate shavings
- 1/2 cup quartered boozy cherries
- If you do not have a high-powered blender, soak the cashews in cold water for 4-24 hours before making the ice cream.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Add the cashews and all the remaining ingredients to a blender or food processor EXCEPT the chocolate and cherries and blend on high until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour the cream into a bowl and refrigerate until completely cold.
- Once the cream is cold process it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. Once the ice cream resembles soft-serve stir through the chocolate and cherries. Scoop the ice cream into a freezer-proof container and press parchment or wax paper directly onto the surface of the ice cream. Freeze until solid.