These delicious Blueberry Jam Bars are like a blueberry crumble or blueberry crisp formed into little bars. They are made with an oatmeal crust and loaded with fresh blueberries. It’s a healthier dessert recipe that can easily be made vegan + gluten-free + refined grain free. You will LOVE it!
For the oat crumble:
- 1/2 cup butter (vegan, if necessary)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (sub gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/2 cup sugar (can use coconut sugar)
- A pinch of sea salt
The Blueberry Jam:
- 3 cups fresh BC Blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey (your choice!)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Set your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small pot, melt the butter and coconut oil. Pour the honey into the pot.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rolled oats, all purpose flour, sugar, and sea salt. Pour the melted butter into the bowl (keep the pot handy) and mix well. Set aside 1 cup of the mix and pour the rest into the prepared baking pan. Press down firmly to create the crust.
- In the same pot used for the butter, add all the blueberry jam ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until the jam thickens. It won’t be as thick as jam from your fridge. Pour the jam over the crust and sprinkle the top with the remaining oats you set aside.
- Bake in your oven for 40 minutes.
- Let the Blueberry Jam Bars cool in the pan then remove them with the parchment paper and cut into 12-16 bars.