These insanely delicious Balsamic Blueberry Glazed Beets are a must for your holiday table. Or heck, all winter long. The beets are roasted then coated in a sticky glaze made with frozen blueberries and balsamic vinegar.
- 3 lbs. beets, peeled and quartered (or cut smaller if the beets are large)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
- To serve: arugula, pistachios, blueberries
The Blueberry Balsamic Glaze
- 2 cups frozen BC Blueberries
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the beets on the baking sheet, drizzle with the oil, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until tender, about 45 mins, turning halfway.
- While the beets are roasting, make the blueberry glaze. Place the blueberries, balsamic, thyme, salt and pepper in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Bring to pan to a boil and continue to boil rapidly until the blueberries break down and the glaze thickens, about 5 minutes.
- When the beets are cooked, add them to the pan with the glaze. If the glaze begins to look dry, add a splash of water. Stir the beets to coat them in the glaze.
- Serve the blueberry balsamic glazed beets on some arugula and sprinkle with some pistachios and a handful of blueberries. (If they are frozen, they will thaw very quickly from the heat of the warm beets.)