Blackened Ribs with Caramelized Carrots is a ridiculously delicious and easy to make dinner recipe. The black and orange color scheme makes it perfect for a fall/ Halloween dinner, but you’re going to want to make them again all winter long.
| gluten-free + refined sugar-free + paleo |
- 1 rack of pork back ribs
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, and sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 lbs. carrots, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Turn your oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the ribs on top.
- In a small bowl, mix the smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, sea salt, and cayenne powder.
- Sprinkle the spices over both sides of the ribs and rub them into the meat. Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil and put it in your oven for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Toss the carrots with the oil and add them to the baking sheet. Return the baking sheet to the oven uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle the honey over the carrots and ribs and broil for 5 minutes.