This pistachio ice cream is made with soaked pistachios for an extra delicious nutty flavor that is 100% vegan + paleo. You’ll never guess it’s dairy-free!
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Soak the pistachios in water for 4-24 hours. Refrigerate while soaking.
- Drain the pistachios and rinse them well. Add them to a blender or food processor with all the remaining ingredients. Blend on high until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Note: if you do not have a high-powered blender you may want to strain the cream through a fine mesh sieve if there is any gritty texture.
- Pour the pistachio cream into a bowl and refrigerate until completely cold. Once the cream is cold process it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Scoop the pistachio ice cream out of your ice cream maker and into a freezer-proof container. Cover the top with parchment paper directly on the surface and freeze until firm.