This is the best Black Bean Veggie Burger recipe ever! They are super tender, have tons of delicious flavor, and are not mushy at all. They also freeze very well so you can meal prep for healthy weeknight burgers!
| vegetarian + gluten-free + dairy-free option |
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1–19 ounce can black beans, drained
- 2 cups quick rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup roasted sunflower seeds, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/4 cup parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon each: cumin, chili powder, and oregano
- 4 large eggs
- Optional: 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Saute onion and garlic in the vegetable oil for 2 minutes. Add to a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan. Add veggie patties, making sure not to crowd the pan. Cook until patties are brown on both sides.
- Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce, tomato, pickles and all the condiments you like.
Patties can be frozen, uncooked, between sheets of parchment paper.
Adapted from a recipe in the cookbook Whitewater Cooks.