This is the steak salad of your dreams! It’s loaded with a juicy steak, your favorite veggies, and a creamy balsamic vinaigrette. It makes a delicious healthy lunch or dinner salad!
- 1 10-ounce grilling steak (boneless prime rib)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 4 ounces of arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
The Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon each: grainy mustard, dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Take the steak out of your fridge and evenly coat both sides with the salt and pepper. Add all the salad ingredients to a salad bowl.
- Heat a cast iron or heavy bottomed pan over high heat. Drizzle the avocado oil over both sides of the steak. When the pan starts to smoke, add the steak and let it cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Flip the steak over and let it cook for 2-3 minutes more. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest.
- While the steak is resting, whisk the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Thin the dressing with up to a tablespoon of water, as needed. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and serve it over the salad.
The salad dressing will keep for a few weeks in your fridge so feel free to make extra to have on hand for your dinner salads.
Optional: if you eat dairy, some crumbled blue cheese is delicious in this salad.