This is the steak salad of your dreams! It’s loaded with a juicy steak, your favorite veggies, and a creamy balsamic vinaigrette. It makes a delicious healthy lunch or dinner salad!
- 1 10-ounce grilling steak (boneless prime rib)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 4 ounces of arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
The Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon each: grainy mustard, dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Take the steak out of your fridge and evenly coat both sides with the salt and pepper. Add all the salad ingredients to a salad bowl.
- Heat a cast iron or heavy-bottomed pan over high heat. Drizzle the avocado oil over both sides of the steak. When the pan starts to smoke, add the steak and let it cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Flip the steak over and let it cook for 2-3 minutes more. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest.
- While the steak is resting, whisk the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Thin the dressing with up to a tablespoon of water, as needed. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and serve it over the salad.
The salad dressing will keep for a few weeks in your fridge so feel free to make extra to have on hand for your dinner salads.
Optional: if you eat dairy, some crumbled blue cheese is delicious in this salad.