Roasted broccoli is the best broccoli ever. It’s a super easy to make side dish recipe that goes well with so many meals. This basic, oven roasted broccoli is tender in the middle and has lots of incredible crispy bits. It’s irresistible!
- 1 1/2 lb. broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning + ⅛ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- ½ teaspoon curry powder (+ a small handful of raisins and almonds once the broccoli is cooked)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese + zest from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder + a pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil + 1 teaspoon grated ginger (+ a squeeze of lime juice once the broccoli is cooked)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the broccoli in a bowl and add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and if using, any of the optional seasonings. Toss the broccoli well so that it is well coated in the oil. Transfer the broccoli to a large baking sheet. (see notes.)
- Roast the broccoli for 20 minutes. Turn the broccoli pieces over on the baking sheet then continue to roast for another 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is well browned and crispy at the ends.
Make sure to use a baking sheet that is at least 18″x13″. If yours are smaller, divide the broccoli between 2 baking sheets.