This is the very BEST kale salad dressing recipe ever. I know that is a big claim, but I’ve been told it so many times and by so many people that it must be true. The honey helps balance kale’s bitter flavor and the two types of vinegar (apple cider and balsamic) create an irresistible flavor.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- A pinch of sea salt
- Place all the ingredients into a 2-cup mason jar.
- Shake well until the ingredients are mixed together and the dressing is creamy.
This dressing will keep for a week in a jar in your fridge. The oil will solidify a little; run the jar under warm water and give it a shake before using it.
Note: the instructions used to say to whisk the oil into the other ingredients. We’ve changed the method as we found it works just as well this way and it is easier.