This chicken salad is deliciously creamy, dotted with sweet red grapes, crunchy celery, and crisp almond slices. Served on top of greens, it’s a healthy, paleo and keto chicken salad.
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts (see notes)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (preferably sugar-free or homemade)
- 1 cup red grapes, quartered
- ¾ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Place the chicken in a large pot and cover with an inch of water. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and, once cool, dice it into small pieces.
- Add the diced chicken and all the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Season with additional salt, as needed.
Rotisserie or leftover chicken works great in this recipe. You’ll need about 4 ½ cups of cooked, diced or shredded chicken.
The little bit of dill really brightens up this salad. If you’re not a fan, you can omit it.