Carnitas Tacos (pulled pork tacos) are THE BEST ever! The slow cooker Mexican pork is unbelievably tender and flavorful. Add a scoop of guacamole to a tortilla (or lettuce wrap!), top with a big pile of pulled pork and dig in!
- Mexican Pork Carnitas
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- A pinch of salt
- 12 small tortillas (corn, flour, or paleo)
- Minced red onions
- Other optional toppings: sour cream, minced cilantro, tomato salsa, a squeeze of lime juice
- Start by making the Mexican Pork Carnitas. This will take you about 8 hours to make in your slow cooker or in a pot.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the avocados with the lime juice, garlic, and salt.
- Put a scoop of carnitas in a tortilla, add a spoonful of the mashed avocados (guacamole), top with a sprinkle of minced red onions and any or all of the optional toppings.