This BBQ Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla is super easy to make and you’ll have dinner in under 20 minutes. The chicken, cheese and veggies will hit the spot!
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup BBQ
- 2 teaspoons oil, divided
- 2 tortillas
- 5 ounces aged cheddar cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup corn, defrosted
- ⅓ cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 small tomato, cut in half, squeezed of juice then chopped
- ½ bell pepper, any colour
- Place the shredded rotisserie chicken in a small frying pan. Add a splash of water and the BBQ sauce and warm it, covered, on medium low heat.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of oil into a large frying pan. Put 1 tortilla into the pan and move it around so that the bottom is completely covered with the oil. Place ¼ of the cheese onto 1 half of the tortilla. Add half of all the remaining ingredients on top of the cheese then sprinkle another ¼ of the cheese on top.
- Fold the tortilla in half then move the frying pan onto a burner on medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese on the bottom half has melted. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook it until the cheese has melted and the bottom is brown, another 1-2 minutes.
- Take the frying pan off the heat then repeat the same steps for the second quesadilla.
- Cut the quesadillas into 4 pieces each and serve with some sour cream and salsa on the side. Guacamole is great with these too!