If you love banh mi sandwiches you will LOVE these healthy Banh Mi Noodle Bowls. They’re made with rice noodles, crispy veggies and a light and tangy ginger-lime dressing. On top sit tender and flavorful lemongrass Vietnamese meatballs and a drizzle of creamy Sriracha mayo. This is the kind of easy dinner recipe you’ll want to eat all summer long!
THE GINGER LIME DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup each: neutral-flavored oil and rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons each: brown sugar, soy sauce, and fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 garlic cloves, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
THE BANH MI NOODLE BOWLS:
- Thinly sliced veggies: carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers and red onion are my favorite
- 1 batch of Lemongrass Vietnamese Meatballs
- Rice noodles (see notes)
- A little Sriracha mixed with some mayonnaise
- Cilantro and Thai basil
- Sesame seeds
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a medium sized bowl. (Or you can put everything into a 1 cup Mason jar and shake well.)
- Place all the veggies you’re using into a large bowl and sprinkle a little salt and sugar over top – about 1/2 teaspoon of each. Toss the veggies so that they are coated. (This will soften the veggies so they’re not too crunchy.)
- Make the meatballs using this recipe. Basically, chop a few things in your food processor, mix in some ground meat of your choice, roll the balls and quickly pan fry them. Easy!
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions. Normally you pour boiling water over them and let them sit for a few minutes, but this can vary depending on the type you choose.
- Toss the cooked rice noodles in the Ginger Lime Dressing and the veggies, divide between bowls and top with the meatballs, Sriracha mayo, cilantro, Thai basil, and sesame seeds.