Baked BBQ Chicken is the best way to enjoy BBQ chicken all year round! We use only 2 ingredients and have perfected our baking method so that the chicken turns out juicy with the best sweet and sticky glaze every time!
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce, divided (see notes)
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour ½ cup of the BBQ sauce over top. Mix to combine then set aside while your oven heats. Or leave it to marinate in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. For easy cleanup, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet skin side down. (Reserve any extra BBQ sauce left in the bowl.) Bake the chicken for 25 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and baste the top with the BBQ sauce that was in the marinating bowl. Return to the oven and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Turn your oven to broil. Baste the top of the chicken with the remaining ¼ cup of BBQ sauce and broil for 3-5 minutes until the top is dark and caramelized. Keep a close eye on it and remove the chicken sooner if it starts to get too dark.
Even if you’re not a fan of chicken skin, rub some of the BBQ sauce under the skin and leave it on while you cook the chicken. Before you broil the chicken, you can remove the skin and baste the meat directly. This will help keep the chicken tender and juicy.
We love using our BBQ sauce for chicken in this recipe!