Baked BBQ chicken breast is an easy weeknight dinner recipe that is always a winner. The chicken is smothered in bbq sauce then baked for 30 minutes. It turns out tender, juicy, and delicious every time!
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup bbq sauce, storebought or homemade for refined sugar-free
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and sprinkle the tops with salt and pepper. Pour the BBQ sauce over top then shake the pan a little so that the chicken is well coated.
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes. Baste the tops with some of the BBQ sauce in that baking dish then return it to the oven and continue to bake the chicken for another 15 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
While you can skip the step of pounding the chicken, it does make the chicken cook more evenly. To pound chicken breasts, place them one at a time between parchment paper. Place a cloth on top then use a rubber mallet or rolling pin to gently pound them until they are an even thickness. You don’t want them thin for this recipe.