Baked Apple Chips are so easy to make and absolutely delicious. They are made from thinly sliced apples that are sprinkled with cinnamon and baked at a low temperature until crisp. Apple chips are the ultimate tasty and healthy snack recipe!
- 4 apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the apples crosswise into thin rounds about 1/8 inch thick. Don’t worry about removing the seeds; they’ll shrivel up and fall out as they cook.
- Toss the apple slices in the lemon juice and sprinkle the cinnamon over top and toss to coat. Lay the apples in a single layer on the baking sheet. It is ok if they are very close together.
- Bake for 2 hours, rotating the baking sheets halfway through. (Move the baking sheet on the top rack to the bottom and the bottom one to the top.)
- Remove one apple chip from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. If it is crisp, remove all the apple chips. If not, put it back into the oven until they are crisp. Check on them every 15 mintues. The total time will vary depending on what kind of apples you use and how thin they’re sliced.
- Let the apple chips cool completely before storing them in a resealable container.
I highly recommend you use fresh squeezed lemon juice. The stuff in the squeeze bottles has a funny flavor and will be noticeable in this recipe.