Bacon Kale Caesar Salad is the best way to eat lots of kale. This grain-free and paleo Caesar includes crispy bacon and toasted cashews instead of crouton, which gives it crunch and tons of flavor. It’s easy to make, healthy, and delicious!
For the salad:
- 4 strips of bacon (sugar-free, if needed)
- 5 packed cups of kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup neutral-flavored mayo (homemade mayonnaise is best!)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh, please!)
- 1 tablespoon reserved bacon oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (or 2 minced anchovies)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the bacon into 1″ pieces and cook until crispy. Reserve the bacon oil.
- Whisk the Caesar dressing ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the kale, crispy bacon, cashews, and hemp hearts to a large salad bowl, pour the dressing over top, and toss well.