These bacon, bourbon and peanut butter cookies combine three of my favourite flavours into one delicious cookie. It doesn’t get better than this!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 strips of bacon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (or 1 tablespoon vanilla)
- 1/3 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings and set aside to cool. Crumble the bacon, remove (eat) any chewy bits.
- Beat the butter and reserved bacon drippings in a large bowl with a mixer on until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the peanut butter until combined, about 1 minute. Beat in the granulated and light brown sugar until creamy, about 4 minutes, then add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy, about two more minutes.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 additions, scraping down the bowl as needed, until just combined.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon and chocolate chips
- Form the dough into 1″ balls and arrange 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes for chewy cookies, 10 for crispier cookies.
- Let the cookies cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
These cookies freeze well. Roll into balls and freeze on a tray in your freezer. Once the balls are frozen, you can put them together in a ziploc bag. Bake from frozen but leave in oven for about two extra minutes.